Nominated for 2017 EY Women’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award
Jen Hamilton has been in the fitness industry for 16 years and had started the Cardio-Core Bootcamp, a national fitness franchise company that grew to 59 locations when she sold it. When she had the opportunity to help build the Bootcamp Program at Oxygen Yoga and Fitness, she saw the benefits from their style of cross-training with yoga, Bootcamp, and TRX suspension training equipment. She soon purchased the company and began to branch out into other locations.
The Oxygen parent company started in 2008 and the first franchise opened in March 2012. The company has been growing steadily- already over 60 locations and offering a wide selection of classes. More expansion is planned for the near future, including Provincial opportunities (Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario)
Oxygen’s philosophy is helping people to adopt a healthy lifestyle, using yoga as a foundation, and incorporating other fitness methods. Members find that by incorporating diversified fitness styles with yoga they remain stimulated by always experiencing something new. They can vary their routine to keep it interesting and more refreshing while exploring new techniques.
Jen loves to see the members make lifestyle changes for the better health, wellness and personal growth. Some start with low confidence and find an increase in self-esteem. Others are in rehabilitation, have arthritis, or are recovering from an accident and find the Far Infrared Hot Yoga to be therapeutic. Members often share their stories of how they evolved and found their sense of self.
Jen’s goal is to help her clients achieve an overall balance and a healthier lifestyle. “I want to give them a place where they can take an hour to focus mentally, physically, and emotionally while helping them to relieve stresses in their lives,” she says, while also noting, “It gives them the avenue and the environment to connect with themselves.” When people attend the yoga sessions, they leave feeling detoxified and energized. The studios have created positive changes in many people’s lives through the practice, the mantras, and the overall energy that is displayed.
Since establishing her business, Jen has had many achievements.
- Ernst and Young Nomination for Entrepreneur of the Year in 2008, nominated again this year in 2016 for the same award.
- Georgia Strait Best of Vancouver Award
- Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Award.
- In 2008 she was featured on CBC’s Fortune Hunters show for the fastest growing franchise in Canada.
- RBC Womens Entrepreneur of the year in Canada – nomination 2 years in a row 2015, 2016
- CFA Franchisee’s choice award – winner in this category
- Sponsorships with the BC Lions, Vancouver Giants and most recently CF association. Oxygen
- Yoga and Fitness regularly participates in charity events, most recently with the Ridge Meadows
- Hospital Gala and by participating in the annual Movember event.